What Are Damon™ Braces?
These are braces that use the Damon system of orthodontic, which are self-ligating appliances that are fitted in the same way as traditional metal braces. The only difference is instead of having brackets, a slide mechanism is used that attaches wires to brackets to help move naturally with the teeth as they realign. This makes them more comfortable, better looking and able to provide strong results in a shorter span of time.
Components of Damon Braces
Damon braces are able to provide a faster treatment with fewer visits to the dentist. The 3 core components of Damon braces are,
- Damon’s Passive Self-Ligating Braces: This eliminates the use of metal or elastic ties to tighten the braces leading to a treatment without regular and periodic tightening.
- Light High-Technology Shape-Memory Wires: This helps the teeth to move faster and help the patient perform the daily tasks smoothly. This also works with fewer adjustments.
- Clinically proven treatment approach: The teeth are aligned with a new clinically proven treatment approach that does not resort to extractions or fast palatal expanders that has also enhanced the facial aesthetics.
What is the Cost of Damon braces in Bangalore?
Metallic self-ligating Damon braces cost from Rs. 75,000 to Rs. 90,000 and Ceramic self-ligating Damon braces cost from Rs. 95,000 to Rs. 1,05,000. Check the cost of other types of dental braces
What are the advantages of Damon braces?
Damon braces do have the following advantages over traditional braces:
- The damon braces provide a better appearance due to its clear and virtually invisible nature
- This treatment using has proved to be faster than the traditional ones. Some studies say it takes 7.5 months lesser when compared to the traditional treatments.
- The number of clinic visits are less due to its lower maintenance quotient
- Due to less pain exerted on the teeth, there is no much discomfort and irritation over time
- These braces cause lesser friction thus preventing erosion and further deterioration of the teeth.
- Fewer places for bacteria and plaque to accumulate on the braces.
What are the disadvantages of Damon braces?
The Damon Braces does have a couple of minor disadvantages when compared to traditional braces.
- The use of metal archwires does bring the effect of wearing braces even though the Damon braces are clear and transparent.
- Damon braces are costlier than traditional braces.
- It could initially cause a bit of irritation until the patient gets used to it.
Apart from Damon braces, we do have other options like clear aligners such as Invisalign® available to help you straighten teeth without wearing traditional metal braces. But remember not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign, and Invisalign is most effectively used when one needs mild correction.
If you do want to go ahead with Damon braces, remember, only an accredited orthodontic professional can fit Damon braces. LV Dental square is an accredited orthodontic professional in Bangalore, providing complete dental treatments.