If you have been hearing a lot about invisalign braces and its advantages and looking forward to getting them for yourself – You have made the best choice. Yes, when the battle is more like invisalign vs metal braces, invisalign takes the trophy.
How To Take Care Of Your Invisalign Braces?
Recently, invisalign braces have become a better alternative to metal braces, be it for the teenagers or adults. There are tons of reasons why they are the most preferred braces when compared to metals – Listed below are a few reasons why one should opt for Invisalign braces –
- They are transparent and are hidden behind the teeth line unlike the metal ones that are visible, and can sometimes ruin a person’s look.
- Easy to wear and clear
- They make daily oral hygiene easier, thereby reducing the risk of possible problems caused by bacteria
- And there are many more reason as to why Invisalign
While they are all good and great, they also need to be taken care of. Invisalign braces often get dirty, and need to be kept clean. So here is a curated list of things to do to keep your aligners clean and things you shouldn’t do. So let’s get started with taking care of your invisalign braces.
Things you should do to keep your aligners clean
- Every time you take them out, make sure to rinse them thoroughly with normal water, as this will help remove food particles and bacteria.
- Apart from rinsing, soak the braces in invisalign cleaning crystals or a denture cleaner. Make sure not to soak them for long hours, after about half hour to 45 minutes, use a soft bristle toothbrush to clean the braces and remove plaque or any sort of food particles.
- Brush and floss teeth before wearing the aligners to maintain oral hygiene
- When you are not using them (or wearing), make sure you keep them safe in a airtight container. Exposure to air could lead to a buildup of bacteria.
Things you should not do with your Invisalign braces
- Avoid drinking or eating while you are wearing the aligners as these aligners are soft and are not meant for chewing hard food or acidic drinks. Additionally, the food will stain and damage the trays.
- Do not brush the aligners using toothpaste,, its abrasive ingredients will discolor the aligners and damage them. Additionally, it will gradually form micro-scratches on the aligner’s surface and create small traps for bacteria to dwell.
- Do not use mouthwash either, clean with plain water
Looking for the best Invisalign centre in Bangalore?
Visit LV Dental square and meet Dr. Sanjay one of the most experienced and renowned dentist in Bangalore, The dental services offered by his dental clinic in Bangalore is affordable and provides treatment for all sorts of dental treatments. Dr. Sanjay and his team of specialized professionals, uses the latest and advanced technologies in dentistry to treat dental problems.
Dr. Sanjay N is one among the few best Orthodontists in Bangalore who specialises in Invisalign (invisible braces), Damon Braces, and Ceramic braces, and Lingual Braces. He is a keen academician and servers as an Associate Professor at Rajiv Gandhi Dental College & Hospital, Hebbal has been training Post Graduate dental Aspirants in orthodontics since past decade and has has 4 International and 10 National Publications to his credit. Dr. Sanjay has been awarded as the “Best Orthodontist in Bangalore” at the Healthcare Awards in 2016.