What Are Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces are made of porcelain or ceramic and are used to help straighten teeth. The ceramic braces us tooth coloured brackets thereby making them less noticeable.
The braces usually consist of brackets that are attached to the surface of each tooth with adhesive and archwires, which are thin metal wires that are used to connecting the brackets together, these wires apply pressure on the teeth in order for them to stay in place.
Ceramic braces do not use ligatures and are usually self-ligating, that means the wires clip onto the brackets getting rid of the ligature.
What are the advantages of Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic Braces provide lots of advantages when compared to traditional metal braces:
- They’re less visible than metal braces. The ceramic material used to make these braces are either clear or tooth-colored.
- No Staining – Ceramic Braces do not cause staining when compared to traditional metal braces.
- Aesthetically pleasing when compared to metal braces.
- They are tough and durable
- They don’t interfere with imaging tests. Metal braces can disrupt signals in imaging tests. Ceramic braces produce much less signal interference
Cost of Ceramic Braces in Bangalore
|Ceramic braces type||Price in Range|
|Ceramic braces – Indian type||₹30,000 – ₹34,000|
|Ceramic braces – Monocrystalline||₹43,000 – ₹47,000|
|Ceramic braces – 3M||₹63,000 – ₹67,000|
|Ceramic braces – Damon self-ligating||₹88,000 – ₹92,000|
View the price list of all types of dental braces
Ceramic Braces Treatment at LV Dental Square
We usually conduct treatments for our patients in a phased manner.
The skeletal structure will be corrected, usually for children, we suggest an early treatment before their permanent teeth appear.
This is where the actually treatment is carried out. The actual braces are used to align the teeth and help them straighten. Strong adhesive is used to keep the brackets intact.
Who’s a good candidate for ceramic braces?
Ceramic braces are a good choice if you do not want braces to draw attention and want your braces to be subtle. Since they’re usually tooth-colored or white, they’re less noticeable and this makes them ideal for straightening your teeth.
Tips from LV Dental Square on how to take care of ceramic braces.
- Brush and floss regularly especially after every meal as this helps remove any food particles that might cause staining.
- Avoid foods and drinks that leave stains or discoloration. Tomatoes, wine, coffee, tea, soda, or condiments like ketchup and mustard are known offenders for staining bracket ties and teeth.
- Don’t smoke. Smoking can leave yellowish stains on your teeth and all components of your braces.
- Don’t use whitening toothpaste. Whitening agents can cause your exposed tooth surface to become whiter than the tooth underneath.
- Visit us regularly for a dental check-up. We will do the necessary adjustments like tightening the archwires etc
- Also stay away from foods that is not favorable to braces like caramel, soft candy, crunchy foods. These can damage the braces.
If you are looking through various options for choosing braces, drop in to our clinic for a dental consultation. We have a wide range of services and treatments available to straighten your teeth. One of the options we have is the ceramic braces which is most preferred by all.