What are dentures?
Dentures are special devices used to restore missing teeth, restore your smile as well as to make it easier to eat and talk. If you’ve lost all of your natural teeth, whether from gum disease, tooth decay or injury, replacing missing teeth with dentures will benefit your appearance and your overall health. Complete dentures are made with a gum colored acrylic base and plastic or porcelain teeth. The base material comes in a variety of shades and characterizations. The teeth are made in a variety of quality levels and in many shapes, sizes and colors.
At our clinic in Bangalore, the dentures are more natural, and give a comfortable feel with a better fit.
Types of Dentures
- Complete: Complete dentures replace all the teeth. They are placed on top of the gums, as opposed to dental bridges that are anchored to existing teeth. Complete dentures are typically placed within 6 weeks – 2 months after the teeth have been extracted
- Partical Dentures: Partial dentures are for replacement of few teeth, which means if a patient still has some of the natural teeth. The partial denture here helps in supporting the existing teeth to be strong. There is a pink-colored base that is attached to a metal piece. and these two pieces hold the denture in the mouth. They are removable, which means you can take them out everytime you need to.
- Fixed Dentures: The one is basically drilled and fixed into your gums and acts as if it were a regular tooth. These ones are ideal dentures as you need not remove them and most of them prefer these dentures instead of complete dentures. These are comparatively more expensive than all other dentures.
Benefits of Dentures
- Daily activities like chewing food, conversing becomes easier
- They are durable and convenient
- They are very comfortable and enhances your face appearance
Taking care of your dentures
- If you are wearing temporary dentures, never wear your dentures and go to sleep.
- Clean your dentures daily with a soft bristled toothbrush.
- Soak them overnight in a jar of cold water (or normal room temperature water) to keep them moist and in shape.
- Clean your mouth daily before placing the dentures
- Keep the dentures in a safe
- Eat soft foods, chew your food slowly, avoid food that would be stuck in the denture.
- Don’t use toothpicks.
- Visit your dentist for any kind of treatment needed like replacing or modifying dentures.
Cost of dentures in Bangalore
Cost of dentures depends on the type of denture the patient requires patients, at our clinic there is an option to choose from expensive dentures to affordable dentures. A complete denture set will last for almost four to five years. Changes in bone structure and damage in denture materials can result in poor fit, which can lead to infection by eroding the enamel and tissues more quickly.
In Case if you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth and need dentures,visit one of the best dental clinics in Bangalore – LV Dental Square. Our team of professionals carry a vast experience in creating dentures for all kinds of cases. We take utmost care while we undergo this process for our patients and provide solutions that will improve their oral health with our latest equipment.